Sunday, May 13, 2007



A reduction woodcut print of a crab is about to debut. The wood is all-shina ply 6”x8” and I’m using Akua-Kolor ink with a touch of paste. So far I’ve gotten two colors down, a hansa yellow with an overlay of diarylide yellow. The light in the studio is now fading and our dinner chicken is almost ready, so I will continue tomorrow. I don’t do reductions frequently so am pleased that of 25 sheets of paper, I now have 24. Not too bad…

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Un grabado de madera estilo reduccion de un cangrejo esta por estrenarse. La madera es all-shina ply tamano 15cmx20cm y estoy usando tinta Akua-Kolor con un poquito de pegue. Hasta ahora tengo dos colores puestos, un amarillo hansa con amarillo diarylide encima. La luz en mi taller ya esta yendo y el pollo para nuestra cena esta casi al comerlo, entonces continuare manana. No hago reducciones con frecuencia por eso estoay satisfecha de que tengo todavia 24 hojas de un total de 25. No esta mal…


No comments: