Saturday, August 26, 2006

My very first woodcuts... The Baren Summit has created another woodcut fan. These still need to be finished and proofed. They were started at the gathering and should be finished and ready for printing Sunday... I hope!!!

'Little girl on the steps' (4"x3.5") on all shina and 'Cobbler' (4"x4"), also all shina...



Mis primeros grabados en relieve de madera... Me hicieron un aficionado de madera los del Baren. Todavia me hace falta terminar de cortar y de probarlos. Empezados en la reunion en Vancouver, espero terminarlos este domingo... Ojala!

'Nina en la escalera' (10cmx8cm) en madera shina y 'Zapatero' (10cmx10cm), tambien madera shina...

4 comments:

Ellen Shipley said...

Unbelievable Diane. This was your first?! You sure looked like you knew what you were doing when you were cutting it! Great job. 8-]

Annie B said...

Fantastic! I'm crazy about "Cobbler." Can't wait to see it printed.

Mellissa Read-Devine said...

These are great! Love the loose lines, hurry up and print those babies!
Mellissa

Diane Cutter said...

Hi, Ellen, I think all the fine work with linocuts made this all the easier...

Annie... Me, too, I really like 'Cobbler'. I've been re-honing my drawing skills by doing a number of upside-down contour drawings and I'm really liking the abstractions coming out of the exercise. These two little gems were from those exercises...

Mellissa... I thought I'd have them done today (Sunday) but life got in the way. I'll be sure to post them when they are up...