Thursday, April 06, 2006

'Moorish Wall', linocut printed on banana paper seen here (or gold flecked white mulberry), Artools sepia oil-based ink, size 4"x6", open edition... for the Southern Summer Northern Winter Solstice Exchange 2005.

I printed this with a spoon because the texture of the paper was too rough for a baren. Also I liked the uneven inking which didn't show up with the greater pressure when using the press.

I used two different papers because I didn't have enough of either one. I loved the results from both and will use these papers again!

4 comments:

Marissa L. Swinghammer said...

This print is beautiful Diane!

Diane Cutter said...

Thanks, Marissa... I'm always wowwed by your work!

Muffingal said...

Amazing!

Diane Cutter said...

Thanks for stopping by, muffingal. I just checked out your blog and really like the latest with the sheep...