Wednesday, July 25, 2007







'Ceiba's Church', 4.25"x4.25", original drawing & solar plate print
'La Iglesia de Ceiba', 10cmX10cm, dibujo original y grabado solar



My latest print, 'Ceiba's Church', is a solar print on Fabriano Uno paper, using Akua-Kolor intaglio ink (lamp black). It first started as a pen and ink drawing, which was then reversed onto a transparency. I prefer the softer look of the print over the stark black and white of the original.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mi grabado mas recien, 'Iglesia de Ceiba', es un grabado solar en papel Fabriano Uno, usando tinta intaglio de Akua-Kolor. El proceso empezo como un dibujo en tinta china, que fue transferido en el reverso a una tranparencia. Prefiero el efecto suave del grabado comparado al chocante blanco y negro del original.



3 comments:

Diane Cutter said...

Thanks, DRB. I'll be doing a few more of these since I have some old solar plates that need using soon.

Anonymous said...

Very interesting process, and I like the outcome very much. I look forward to seeing the "few more".

Diane Cutter said...

Thanks, Robin... As soon as we have a sunny day, I'll be doing a demo of the set-up for sun exposure.