Tuesday, March 20, 2007


My printing of the shell woodcut (from a couple of weeks ago) has proven to be another of those serendipitous events. I had proofed with black ink and, a day later, started to print with a red/yellow/umber combination. In printing I found the first dozen had some of the black ink coming through. I decided to send these 12 to Rob Viana for the 4th print swap and call it a night.

Today I started printing again but the black is not not so evident ... and I find I like the first batch so I will roll some ink on the wood and see if I will be lucky again... You decide which you prefer! I've decided not to bother to edition this print and just have fun with it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mientras estaba impresando el grabado en madera (de la concha de unas semanas pasadas) encontre una de esas ocasiones realmente sorprendientes. Hice las pruebas con tinta negra y, un dia mas tarde, empece a tirar impresiones con una tinta de mezcla roja/amarilla/tierra de sombra. En sacarlas encontre que la primera docena quedaba con algo de la tinta negra . Decidi a mandar esas 12 a Rob Viana para el cuarto intercambio de grabados y irme a dormir.

Hoy empece a tirar impresiones de nuevo pero la tinta negra no esta tan evidente ... y encuentro que a mi me gusta mas las con la negra entonces voy a hechar mas tinta negra en la madera y esperar que tenga suerte de nuevo ... Vosotros pueden decidir cual les prefiere! Tambien decidi no preocuparme con hacer una edicion con este grabado y divertirme con ello.

No comments: