Tuesday, October 24, 2006





Playing with watercolor and scraps of mingeisha awagami paper, I've created some tiny abstracts. I had accidently placed a sheet of this wonderful paper on my inking slab, not aware that I'd inadvertently made a monoprint. With this ghostly image I was ready to trash the paper (not useable for my normal printmaking) ... but thought to experiment with the shapes left by the ink residue... Here are some of the resulting
'mixed media'!


All are mounted on 5"x7" matboard...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Jugando con acuarela and pedazos de papel mingeisha awagami, hice unos abstratos pequenos. Sin saberlo puse una hoja de este papel tan maravillo en el vidro para hechar tinta, haciendo un monotipo sin intentarlo. Con este imagen liviano en el papel era para votarlo por no poder usarlo para mi estilo de linocut... pero pense en experimentar con los contornos dejado por la tinta... y aqui tienen algunos resultados!


Todos estan montados en matboard, tamano 5"x7"


No comments: